[Wine] Re: Mac OS X 10.6.2 Installation

davek wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 14 13:35:17 CDT 2010

I'm in the same boat, i'm running the same version of Mac OSX and i can't get it to work for me.
The closest i got to it working is using macports before i upgraded to 10.6, i had it working and installing until it quit because of my version of Xcode. Since then i've updated the OS, Xcode and X11 and tried again following these
http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/
instructions. I get to using wine-devel in macports, i get:

--->  Computing dependencies for wine-devel
Error: Requested variants "+macosx+universal" do not match original selection "+macosx".
Please use the same variants again, perform 'port clean tiff' or specify the force option (-f).
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: lcms tiff libpng libxml2 libxslt mesa glut makedepend pkgconfig xorg-xproto xorg-dri2proto xorg-glproto xorg-libXfixes xorg-fixesproto xorg-libX11 xorg-bigreqsproto xorg-inputproto xorg-kbproto xorg-libXau xorg-libXdmcp xorg-util-macros xorg-xcmiscproto xorg-xextproto xorg-xf86bigfontproto xorg-xtrans xorg-libXi xorg-libXext xorg-libXmu xorg-libXt xorg-libsm xorg-libice ncurses ncursesw openssl xorg-libXcomposite xorg-compositeproto xorg-libXcursor xorg-renderproto xrender xorg-libXinerama xorg-xineramaproto xorg-libXrandr xorg-randrproto xorg-libXxf86vm xorg-xf86vidmodeproto
Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get complete output.

no idea what this means, but i'm stuck anyway.
Any help would be appreciated thanks