[Wine] Launching an .exe on mac OSX

hamburgertrain wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 14 18:10:39 CDT 2010

Hi, I need help with using wine on mac osx. I used to use wine on Ubuntu and Linux Mint and it was relatively simple. But on mac osx, I used macports to dowload/install wine, and i used winecfg to create a prefix. I can not figure out for the life of me how to launch an executable by clicking on it. It opens in TextEdit instead of launching in wine. Can someone explain to me how to make a .exe file launch? I can run any .exe in terminal but it is less than convenient. Thanks in advance.