[Wine] Re: Winepath on Mac

tpatko wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 15 09:08:37 CDT 2010

I need to have the wine portion of the path stripped from the front *because* when I perform a system call such as

open -a /Application/Application.app $ABSOLUTEPATH

and I need a CLEAN $ABSOLUTEPATH without the wine portion that is altogether meaningless to a native Mac application (and more important causes it to not be able to properly address the file path).  In short, the current winepath on Mac when used to return native UNIX path is not very useful for anything as it does not give you back something that a normal program can accept as path input.

The path that you find acceptable:

/Users/doh123/.wine/dosdevices/z:/Applications/Folder/File.txt

is NOT acceptable when trying to pass this string as a file path parameter to a native Mac program (see above).  I need the wine part in the front STRIPPED out (there is no doubt about this).  My question is how best to modify the code used to build winepath to do this.

I hope this helps to explain my requirement and why the current winepath build does not work for me.  Recall that I am NOT trying to call this filepath from a program running through WINE, but rather a NATIVE Mac program.  I assume that the same issue would actually present themselves under LINUX actually.

Thanks,

Thomas