[Wine] Mirror's Edge doesn't get past the splash screen

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 17 21:41:43 CDT 2010

onexused wrote:
> The appdb entry for Mirror's Edge (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=9046) shows that people have been able to run it.  When I try, it shows the splash screen and the outline of another window, then apparently freezes.  I'm attempting to run it from the directory it installed to.  Here's the output of wine, if it helps:
>
> Before running winetricks vcrun2005sp1, I couldn't get as far as the splash screen.  I'm using a nocd crack with a legitimate version of the game.

Correction on the last post, this is a known problem, bug 20799 applies
and this has been broken since Wine 1.1.30.  Go to bugzilla, create an
account, search for this bug and VOTE on it.  This will add confirmation
as the bug remains unconfirmed.  Also, please add what you typed/pasted
in here as an ATTACHMENT and annotate it as a log file.  Please include
the version of Wine that you are using, Operating System and version and
the type and model of video card as well as the video driver version and
type (Open Source or Proprietary.)

Thank you.

James McKenzie