[Wine] Re: DirectX Apps causing spontaneous, intermittent reboot?

3vi1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 18 12:22:31 CDT 2010

vitamin wrote:
> Most hi-end cards are made by one manufacturer and sold with different stickers by everyone else. They all have same chances to fail. This applies to both AMD & nVidia.
>
> Also keep in mind nVidia had huge batches of improperly assembled chips (faulty interconnects) that would fail after some period of time. Especially if being overheated. All vendors had issues with them, including Dell and HP. Just blaming EVGA (which does some-what decent cards) not correct.

Every company needs to take responsibility for their own quality control.  In the case I experienced, EVGA was not acknowledging there was a widespread issue even though many others were reporting the same issue.  Many people RMA'd their cards and received replacement cards that had the same issue.

So, no, EVGA doesn't get a free pass on this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16814130330