[Wine] Does Access 2003 work on Wine?

Todd And Margo Chester toddandmargo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 15:31:44 CDT 2010

On 04/18/2010 09:12 AM, vitamin wrote:
> Todd And Margo Chester wrote:
>
>> Ah poo!  That was the last program I had to get working before I could migrate to Linux.  Looks like I am stuck with Windows for this client.
>>
> Honestly, I haven't seen a single ms access program worth keeping. Converting it to something cross-platform would be much better solution then running access on Wine.

You are correct.  This is potentially 60 computes.  The retraining is
the issue.  Plus, low quality programs like the Bug Riddled Open Office
(BROO), where they never fix any bugs (I have a couple of seven year
old bugs out there), tend to drive the users crazy.  I converted a five
user network over to BROO about four years ago and the two secretaries
about scratched my eyes out (the bugs, the bugs, the bugs).

If I were to substitute, I would need a sub for Word, Excel, Access.
And, since they eMail their customers constantly with Excel and
Word attachments, it would have to seamlessly integrate with
both Word and Excel.  BROO is out -- don't want my eyes scratched out.

So, basically, I am stuck with M$

-T