[Wine] Re: Hard-Locks and graphics card driver issues

Das Letzte Einhorn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 18 21:55:52 CDT 2010

IG0R wrote:
> I had the following error when I was trying to play Diablo 2
>

> Code:
> [igor at virus ~]$ wine .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Diablo\ II/Game.exe
> fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
> err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems
> err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
> err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
>

> After a week of googling, crazy ideas and tries, I finally added my username to group called video and it solved my problem.
>
> Code:
> [root at virus ~]# id igor
> uid=500(igor) gid=500(igor) skupiny=500(igor),1234(dokumenty)
> [root at virus ~]# usermod -aG video igor
> [root at virus ~]# id igor
> uid=500(igor) gid=500(igor) skupiny=500(igor),39(video),1234(dokumenty)
>

> newbie mistake :)

I am experiencing this issue as well.

Code:
err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter

But I am already in the video group

Code:
video::27:root,boinc,xavier

My device drivers are also properly installed and the nvidia interface is selected.

Code:
*  x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers
      Latest version available: 195.36.15
      Latest version installed: 195.36.15
      Size of files: 79,297 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.nvidia.com/
      License:       NVIDIA

Code:
xavier-pc ~ # eselect opengl list
Available OpenGL implementations:
  [1]   nvidia *
  [2]   xorg-x11

Anybody has other leads in order to fix this? Thanks!