[Wine] WINE ERROR

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Sat Apr 17 20:21:30 CDT 2010

On 4/17/10 7:13 PM, Pauls74462 wrote:
> I have WINE running in SL with mIRC and when I cut & paste with the key board WINE will crash! If I cut & paste with the mouse it's ok.
>
> Any other have this problem?
No, but that is because I don't use mIRC.

Are you using WineBottler? If so, we can't help you; you'll have to go
to the WineBottler site for support.

What Wine version? If it isn't 1.1.43, it's time to upgrade.

How does it crash? Please run it from the Terminal app and paste the
output that Wine produces here. If it's really long, use a site like
Pastebin.

Are you using the X11 that comes with SL, or the one from MacPorts, or
the one from the Xquartz project? If you're using the system X11, you
need to upgrade. Xquartz 2.5.0 is out, and 2.5.1 is coming out soon.

Why are you using mIRC anyway? Might I suggest Colloquy (a native Mac
app, http://colloquy.info/ ) instead?

Chip