[Wine] Natural Selection 2 (engine test) + wine 1.1.43

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 09:06:28 CDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:46 AM, zimzum <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I usually don't mess with wine -- the program either works or it doesn't.  That being said, I would like to get this game to run if possible.
>
> This is the output from console.  It says that openal-soft needs to be upgraded to v1.12 but I'm at v1.12.854-5.1.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Code:
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f24c,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 1280070990 (as fourcc: NULL) WINED3DFORMAT!
> fixme:d3d:getFormatDescEntry Can't find format unrecognized(1280070990) in the format lookup table
> fixme:d3d9:Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> err:mmdevapi:pulse_fixup Disabling pulseaudio because of old openal version
> err:mmdevapi:pulse_fixup Please upgrade to openal-soft v1.12 or newer
> fixme:mmdevapi:MMDevice_Activate IID_IAudioClient unsupported

Accessing the NS2 Test Engine requires a valid key which appears to
cost $20 USD so I can't test this for you.  My first reaction would be
to disable mmdevapi in winecfg under the library tab (winecfg ->
libraries -> type mmdevapi -> add -> select and edit -> disable).  If
that doesn't work try using the native openal32.dll or a mixture of
the two suggestions.  Report back if either work.