[Wine] Noob but old, trying to run ACDSee

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Apr 24 08:37:32 CDT 2010

On 2010-04-24 (April, Saturday) 12:27:14 RayTheRat wrote:
> I'm ... attempting to find a way to run ... ACDSee and Corel PaintShop Photo
Pro under Wine.

	As far as I know ACDSee doesn't work in Wine yet and I don't know any
workarounds. I recommend you to try XnView instead (read
http://www.xnview.com/en/features.html to know more about XnView). There is
also Linux equivalents like Gwenview or gThumb but these have less features
than XnView. Windows version of XnView runs perfectly in Wine for me.

	Please note that there is XnView for Linux but I didn't liked it (I tried it
long time ago so you may want to try it yourself and compare with Windows
version in Wine).

	Test results for PaintShop in AppDB are deprecated so you need to install
latest version of Wine and simply try it.