[Wine] Re: I cannot install WoW

Altair wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 26 03:40:43 CDT 2010

I try install with the instructions what I read in http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=17421

Step 1: Install methods

Currently, you MUST downgrade to wine 1.1.26 or lower to install WoW due to regressions. If you are using the stable version, you need not worry. (Maybe it's just my computer, I don't know)

You can install World of Warcraft in wine through a variety of methods, such as using the CD or automatic downloader. If you wish, you may simply run it from a Windows partition, it's your choice ultimately.

Once WoW is installed, you may upgrade back to the newer version.

Okay, I install wine 1.1.26 and try again to install, all installation files in my hard disk. WoW Classic and TBC no problem, WOTLK I have the EXACT error again. I install the game in my $HOME/Windows directory.

# wine --version
wine-1.1.26