[Wine] Taking screenshop

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 09:28:13 CDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 6:26 AM, DaVince <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Sure, it's worked for me in the past. Try disabling desktop compositing,
> perhaps making a screenshot will work better without it.

Uh, ok. I looked up "desktop compositing". Seems to have something to do
with that new-fangled, gee-wizzy, 3D desktop stuff, right? Well, I never
installed it when I installed Lenny. I checked Synaptic and, sure enough, no
Compiz. I checked the video card settings (Nvidia 9600 GT). Not mentioned. I
ran 'winecfg'. Nothing.

I must be missing something because I see lots of screenshots taken in Wine.

Jim