[Wine] black screen when i try to start a game

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 12:29:13 CDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:37 AM, maraman <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> evrything ran good but when i tried to  start midnight club and other games  this happened:
>  FATAL ERROR:
>
>  could not star graphics. Please check that youre in 32bpp mode and you have a DX9-class video card
>
> Do you know what to do or what happed...
>

> THANKS[/quote]

Does this game even function on that netbook in Windows?

I find it pretty unlikely that such an underpowered device would be
doing heavy 3D lifting.

Anyway, it is blatant that you don't have accelerated Intel graphics
drivers installed or if they are installed that the integrated
graphics isn't up to the task.  From my quick Google it can barely do
Compiz.  Install the proper drivers (you have been linked to
instructions to do this) or accept that this device cannot run this
game.  If that is unacceptable consider using Windows for the
application.