[Wine] Re: How can I install Wine on a computer without internet access

desconocido wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 28 13:22:33 CDT 2010

I downloaded the file wine-1.1.39.tar.bz2

from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/files/Source/

I put it on my non-internet computer and extracted the archive.

I followed the instructions in the README file to

Code:
./tools/wineinstall

but it complained about a missing flex.

In fact it says

> Basic requirements:
>   You need to have the X11 development include files installed
>   (called xlib6g-dev in Debian and XFree86-devel in Red Hat).
>
>   Of course you also need "make" (most likely GNU make).
>
>   You also need flex version 2.5 or later and bison.

So unless they come as standard in a default destop install of Ubuntu 9.10, I am probably missing most of these.

Anyone know where I can get a package with these in it?
I understand a bit about Synaptic, but not how to source stuff from a disk.