[Wine] Re: WINE not communicating with unixODBC

Razorwings18 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 28 13:56:01 CDT 2010

Sometimes Linux cracks me up  [Laughing]

Just writing this to have it documented in case someone tries to do what I did.

I could execute my application and connect flawlessly to the MySQL database via MyODBC/unixODBC. But it turns out if I created a shortcut on the Desktop and tried to run the app from there, it wouldn't connect to the database!

It turns out when ran from a shortcut, the exports environment variables are not considered by Gnome!

So if you want to create a "shortcut" on your Desktop to run the application on AMD64, you have to actually create a script file instead that looks like this:

Code:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/odbc/libmysqlclient-i386
export LIB_ODBC_DRIVER_MANAGER=/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libodbc.so.1.0.0
cd /home/username/.wine/drive_c/myapp/
wine myapp.exe

And then configure it to run with SH.