[Wine] Uninstalling/reinstalling Kindle made it unusable!

kndl65 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 29 22:55:21 CDT 2010

Unfortunately I made a big mistake. Thinking that there was a new version of Kindle for PC from Amazon, downloaded the .exe file and run it with wine without uninstalling the already installed Kindle application which was working fine under Ubuntu 8.04.

So, the installation began but halted unexpectedly. I tried to run it double clicking the program icon and nothing happened. Changed wine to an older version, nothing again.

This was the output from the command line when I run

Code:
wine '/home/xxxx/Downloads/KindleForPC-Installer.exe'

  :

Code:
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x1413c0 0x33f8f0) stub!
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x1413c0 0x33f8f0) stub!
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x1413c0 0x33f8f0) stub!
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x1413c0 0x33f8f0) stub!
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
xxxx at yyyy--06:16:05> fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:crypt:CertGetNameStringW unimplemented for type 2

The command line output then stopped, waiting as if something was imminent. Nothing happened though. I pressed enter and the xxxx at yyyy returned.

Would you be kind enough advising me what to do?(I've already bought a couple of Kindle books).