[Wine] SecuROM and Wine on Mac OS X

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Fri Apr 30 10:47:12 CDT 2010

On 4/30/10 9:38 AM, Haravikk wrote:
> Is there a way to make SecuROM recognise the disk properly?
Nope. At least, not right now.

The problem is that Wine doesn't support SCSI on Mac OS X. SecuROM makes
SCSI calls to inspect the disk and make sure its the real one. I'm
working on it, but you'll have to be patient.

To get this support once I've added it to Wine, there's a driver you'll
need to install. Go to SourceForge and look for the "XNU Kernel Extras"
project. Just download the DMG I made and install. Oh, and you'll have
to load the driver manually with:

 sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/ExtMediaBSDClient.kext

and put the disk in AFTER loading it. When it's stable, I intend to make
it load automatically on boot.