[Wine] Include Wine in my project and using WinGDI under Linux.

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Sun Aug 1 14:12:13 CDT 2010

> I think that will not make special work to make additional headings for a call of these functions as dynamic. Now I work over it. We will admit, as HDC I transfer parametre of an operating window in Winuser32.
>
> I think will work so:
>
> wine-> user32.dll-> startmyconvertor
>
> or I must to recompile wine function for my program as libEMF.so... There is like 640 kB, and then is not wine need for working my program.. Only dynamic library.

I don't know that I fully understand you, but winelib is used to port, via source recompilation, Windows apps to Linux. It's not transparent. Wine and its runtime environment is needed to run these applications, winegcc is necessary for compilation. You can't simply link to a library and expect it to work. If you want to include win32 code in a Linux port, you need winelib+winegcc+Wine.

Look at the winelib page and the user's guide that's linked on that page:

http://www.winehq.org/winelib

If you *aren't* using Win32-specific code, you should be able to port a library to Linux-native without any Wine prereqs. But that's a question for another list/forum since it doesn't have anything to do with Wine.

> Also, I'm want to ask: what is license of wine ? I'm need to make any information about using wine code. I'm from Russia and we are don't use any license like GPL.

Literally one second of Googling (using "wine license") will tell you that Wine uses the LGPL license.

-r