[Wine] Re: Font issue in Half-Life 2 via Wine 1.3.0

r2rX wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 4 14:11:29 CDT 2010

I am already on the latest Catalyst drivers (10.7). This issue started transitioning from Wine 1.2 to 1.3.

I've installed the entire suite of the Half-Life 2 series (2, Ep1, Ep2 and Lost Coast).

After some testing, when I start any of them for the first time, the fonts are fine. The moment I change a single graphic option (regardless of which one it is; whether it's model detail, texture detail, resolution etc) the fonts mess up.

But when running the game, sometimes the in-game subtitle fonts are absolutely fine...then they aren't. Same with the menu text/fonts....one time it's fine, then at another point it isn't.

It's really strange.

I'll take a look and see if I should post this bug.

r2rX  :D