[Wine] Re: 64-bit chess engines and wine 1.2

MaxM wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 5 01:35:37 CDT 2010

Hi James,

James McKenzie wrote:
> I'll vote against that.  I have an ANCIENT 32 bit system and I don't
> want to hunt around for 32 bit applications.

agreed, but when you install wine on a 64-bit distro, then wine should be now (as version 1.2 claims this feature) capable for both: 32- and 64-bit windows. At least as an install option with binary packages.

Please let me quote from the wine wiki:

"Building a shared WoW64 setup

The previous paragraph explains how to build completely separate 32- and 64-bit trees. A more useful setup is to build a shared Wow64 installation, which allows 32-bit programs to invoke 64-bit ones and the other way around. [Idea]

This again requires an out-of-tree build, with two separate build trees:"

Can't see what speak against delivering this prebuild.

-Max