[Wine] Installing .msiexec file

Bob Benjamin benjie1 at cox.net
Thu Aug 5 11:07:38 CDT 2010

         Hi Vitamin. I did try to run it as user in Ubuntu 10.04 and the
installer never opened. I will paste the terminal output here from both
ways I tried to run it. Also, I have a Solitaire game here (exe file)
and you experts told me to get the installer to work, set the emulator
in wine to Win 98. Did that and it's fine. Will that matter with the msi
file. I'm trying to run ispq9.msi which is on the Desktop. It's a video
conferencing program. Here's the terminal output as user. Thanks  Newbie
here.                  Bob

benjie1 at benjie1:~$ cd Desktop/
benjie1 at benjie1:~/Desktop$ msiexec /i ispq9.msi
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"benjie1" (nil) 0x32f160 (nil)
0x32f164 0x32f158 - stub
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"benjie1" 0x17c650 0x32f160
0x1514f8 0x32f164 0x32f158 - stub
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action
L"VSDCA_VsdLaunchConditions" returned 1603
benjie1 at benjie1:~/Desktop$

benjie1 at benjie1:~/Desktop$ wine ispq9.msi
wine: Bad EXE format for H:\ispq9.msi
benjie1 at benjie1:~/Desktop$

     That's all I know to try. The installer never showed at all. Thanks
for the help.                       Bob