[Wine] Re: [1.2]StarCraft 2 - Very Slow On Good Computer?

stoabrogga wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 5 16:00:44 CDT 2010

James McKenzie wrote:
> stoabrogga wrote:
>
> > The 'UseGLSL=disabled' option did not improve the performance on my side. I have the following system:
> >
> > i7 930 @ 2,8GHz
> > GeForce 9800 GT
> >

> nVidia driver version?
>
> > Ubuntu 10.04 64bit
> > Wine 1.2
> >
> > Strange thing is, it doesn't matter which graphic settings to use, I get always about 15 fps during missions.
> >

> I don't personally own a computer with an nVidia card in it, but results
> have been chaotic with the different nVidia driver versions and
> different settings.  You might want to try a different driver version
> and see if you can get the FPS of your game up to 30 or so.
>
> James McKenzie

I tested with nVidia drivers 195.36 and 256.44, made no difference. The average CPU usage during missions is at 20%, so I think Blizzard has to improve their engine. My system specs are above the recommended pc specs, so it should be possible to get acceptable fps, even if using Wine. There are also some other users complaining about low fps:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/248426539
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/166496813

Perhaps I should simply wait for the next patch(es)...