[Wine] Re: Running MetaTrader 4 in Wine

forex12345 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 7 01:12:27 CDT 2010

I got metatrader to work but when I shut it down and try to log back in I can not do so and have to completely reinstall metatrader with a new demo account.   Luckily I'm using a demo at this point but would like to use in live trading.

My problem is it doesn't save my last login in information and even if I write it down there is no server in the server window.   In other words everything is blanked out where you would normally log on.  So if I enter my log on information I can't get it to run anyway because server is blanked out.  I've tried this on many forex brokers and the result is always the same.

 The only way I can get it to run is download metatrader again and open a new demo everytime but this is too inconvenient to do in daily practice but I have got it to work in real time as long as I don't shut it down.   Any suggestions - anyone else have this problem?  Please I have to get this working.