[Wine] Can I run program that needs to open a port?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 8 10:30:10 CDT 2010

JavaRat wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have to following problem (I think...).
> My program I wish to run (http://www.fujidirekt.se/fotobok/FujiDirektSE.exe) installs perfectly.
> When I start the application it will try to autoupdate itself which fails due to what I suspect to be an attempt to open a connection over a port that is blocked by my Ubuntu 9.10 installtion.

If you are using Bastelle or ipfilters, then it probably is blocked.
You would have to determine the source/destination port and then open
the Linux firewall to allow access.  This is described quite well in
your distros documentation and on the web in several places (Google is
your friend for this.)

James McKenzie