[Wine] Font issue in Half-Life 2 via Wine 1.3.0

Aaron soulblade at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 8 11:53:50 CDT 2010

On 08/08/10 15:02, r2rX wrote:
> Damn. I've been updated to the latest kernel and removed the prior ones. Now, Cat 10.5 + 10.6 don't initialize properly....only the 10.7's work. Honestly, this is not worth the pain in the ass due to ATi.
>
> Aaron, how've you been testing the prior drivers?
>
> r2rX  :)

I am unsure what distribution of Linux  you are running, so take these
instructions with a truck of salt:

1. Un-install the current driver and reboot machine.
2. Assuming that you have already downloaded the 10.5 drivers. Open a
terminal and cd to where its saved.
3. Assuming that you are running Ubuntu 10.04, run the following commands:
         sudo sh ./ati-driver-installer-10-5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg
Ubuntu/lucid
         sudo dpkg -i *.deb
         sudo aticonfig --initial --force
4. Reboot machine.