[Wine] World of Warcraft and Catalyst drivers

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 8 19:54:02 CDT 2010

To the list:

There have been recent complaints about World of Warcraft crashing with
ATI (and only ATI) video cards.

I have been monitoring a thread about HL2 crashing as well.   The
solution was to backlevel the Catalyst drivers to 10.5.  I am wondering
if this will solve some of the WoW crashes upon startup or login.

Can someone with this combination please try to back level their
Catalyst drivers and see if this corrects the problem?

I cannot test this because I am on a Mac and my only PC is not
connectible to the Internet.
Thank you.

James McKenzie