[Wine] Re: Oblivion has encountered a serious bug

Artista wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 9 04:58:58 CDT 2010

I had this same problem on windows that you are describing as far as slow and locking up like that. I removed the company and the game into like this...

Skip the Intro Sequence in Oblivion

This tweak will skip the intro company movies and the Oblivion loading will show right away.

Remove the intros:
Open the ini-file located in:
My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini.
Make a backup of Oblivion.ini before editing it in case anything goes wrong.

Search for the string:
SIntroSequence=SIntroSequence=bethesda softworks HD720p.bik,2k games.bik,game studios.bik,Oblivion Legal.bik
and change it to
SIntroSequence=

also a lot of great set up and fixes can be found here

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Technical_Support

I had so many problems with this game when I first installed it under windows (may be the ati graphics card I am using) but with all the little tips and tricks here I got it running great.

But yeah on widows mine use to freeze there and I used that trick to remove the movie and start intro.