[Wine] Re: Do yall think that Dungeons and Dragons Online could be ran

justinsn95 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 9 21:51:14 CDT 2010

DaVince wrote:
> Try running from the terminal and post output here.
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

I'm sorry sir but I'm such a linux noob, that all this looks like greek to me. I'm afraid that I suck at the terminal.

dimesio wrote:

> justinsn95 wrote:
> > Do yall think that Dungeons and Dragons Online could be ran with wine? I downloaded the installer, or rather, I downloaded the downloader. It is a 1.7Mb .exe file. But when I try to open it with wine, nothing happens.
>
> Follow the instructions in the AppDB. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2910

Ok from what I can understand, that article tells you that you need to get the installer and run it with wine. I tried that, and nothing ever happened. Just the "please wait" cursor, then nothing.

Or, you can also get the main program file from your windows install. Which I did. None of the .exe's or launchers will start from that, either. Same thing, you just get the "please wait" cursor, and then nothing ever happens. I simply can't get past the very first phase of running this with wine. Anyone have any ideas? Again I'm using 10.04 64 bit.