[Wine] Re: [1.2]StarCraft 2 - Very Slow On Good Computer?

Ema wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 10 14:47:43 CDT 2010

JeZ-l-Lee wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 10:40 PM, justinsn95 wrote:
>
> > Replace that 8400GS with at least a GTS 250, or 9800GT. And overclock that quad core from 2.4Ghz on up to 3.6Ghz if you can. If not, I know it'll at least do 3.2Ghz. Raise the RAM up a bit too, but not too awful far cause its probly not overclocking RAM. Then see if the game runs any smoother. My bet is that it will.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I am good now...
>
> I upgraded from
> an nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB
> to an nVidia GeForce GT 240 1GB
>
> Can now run StarCraft 2 with graphics maxed out (Ultra)...
> Thanks
>
> Jesse

I guess the only difference between our systems are:
- Ubuntu 10.04 x86 (you) x86-64 (me)
- I have 8 gigs RAM, you probably less
- I have a Phenom II X4 965 BE
- you have a 240 GT, I have a 470 GTX (drivers 256.44)
- I'm using a USB mic+headphones
- I'm using Compiz

I've installed wine 1.3.0 with pulseaudio and that works.

I'm definitely thinking is an issue with then fact I'm using 64 bit software component which is slowing down the game...