[Wine] Fresh install of Fedora 13 64 bit, "Failed to init. DirectX"

Larsey wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 10 17:37:46 CDT 2010

I've just reinstalled Fedora and really wanted to get my hands dirty with a little wine+SC2 action... But I'm having problems.

I just copied it from my windows partition and started toying with wine (did a regular su -> yum install wine).

At first I got it up and running but it was so sluggish... after a little investigation I found out i had no 3d drivers so i went and got those.

But now I'm not able to start starcraft 2 at all! I've tried reinstalling wine :(

Versions:
Wine 1.2
NVIDIA 195.36.31
Kernel 2.6.33.6-147.2.4.fc13.x86_64

Anyone know some magic? Really would love not to dual boot all the time.

I've noticed that SC2 has gold rating @ wine 1.3, does this mean 1.2 will not do it? i guess 1.3 is not ready for the package installer yet, some fancy tutorial to get this to work?