[Wine] [1.2]StarCraft 2 - Very Slow On Good Computer?

Jesse Palser SLNTHERO at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 18:25:14 CDT 2010

  On 08/10/2010 03:47 PM, Ema wrote:
> JeZ-l-Lee wrote:
>> On 08/09/2010 10:40 PM, justinsn95 wrote:
>>
>>> Replace that 8400GS with at least a GTS 250, or 9800GT. And overclock that quad core from 2.4Ghz on up to 3.6Ghz if you can. If not, I know it'll at least do 3.2Ghz. Raise the RAM up a bit too, but not too awful far cause its probly not overclocking RAM. Then see if the game runs any smoother. My bet is that it will.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am good now...
>>
>> I upgraded from
>> an nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB
>> to an nVidia GeForce GT 240 1GB
>>
>> Can now run StarCraft 2 with graphics maxed out (Ultra)...
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jesse
>
> I guess the only difference between our systems are:
> - Ubuntu 10.04 x86 (you) x86-64 (me)
> - I have 8 gigs RAM, you probably less
> - I have a Phenom II X4 965 BE
> - you have a 240 GT, I have a 470 GTX (drivers 256.44)
> - I'm using a USB mic+headphones
> - I'm using Compiz
>
> I've installed wine 1.3.0 with pulseaudio and that works.
>
> I'm definitely thinking is an issue with then fact I'm using 64 bit software component which is slowing down the game...

Hi,

StarCraft 2 runs 60+FPS on "Ultra" graphic settings on my old computer.

My system is as follows:
- Dell XPS 420 (Modified) Code Named: "JetFire"
- Intel Core2Quad 2.4GHz 4 Core CPU (under-clocked to 1.6GHz)
- 4GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM
- 1GB DDR3 nVidia GT 240 Graphic Card (fanless)
(current nVidia drivers approved by Ubuntu team)
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE PCI sound card
- Ubuntu 10.04 Linux 32bit Final
- Wine 1.2 Final
- StarCraft 2 v1.0.2 (current)
(1024x768 window/graphics setting on "Ultra" / 60+ FPS)

Sorry it does not work on your state-of-the-art computer...
(older technology is always better for a Linux box though)

Jesse
16BitSoft(R)
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com