[Wine] IE8 for wine?

justinsn95 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 10 21:48:52 CDT 2010

Hi all. I am running Ubuntu 10.04. There are a few sites that I need to view, that require Internet Explorer. For some reason that I'm sure I have a strong dislike for. So, I downloaded IE8 for windows XP, from the internet. And, I installed it with wine. But for some reason, when I go to Applications>Wine>Programs, it just isn't listed. I can't open it if I can't get to it, right?

Well, to see if it actually installed successfully, I went to Applications>Wine>Uninstall Wine Software. And it listed Internet Explorer as something that I could uninstall. It even had the little IE logo and everything.

So how can I get it to actually launch IE8? Anyone have any idea?