[Wine] Setting All DLLs to Builtin, then Native

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Aug 11 10:09:43 CDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 18:02, diondeville <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Sure, it's a work in progress and I'm still testing it - I will be re-uninstalling Wine tonight and re-running my script to confirm my updates have/have not worked.
>
> It's available here (http://journalxtra.com/2010/08/how-to-install-windows-games-and-apps-into-linux/). Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the download button.
>
> I'm open to feedback.

Hi,

Some tips:
'tr' can make your answer comparisons a lot easier... (read the man
page) - you probably want some if var1=$(echo "$var"|tr [a-z] [A-Z] 2>
/dev/null); then var="$var1"; fi # to convert variables to uppercase
and hide / ignore errors..
You should be specifying the output file for winetricks in the wget
command. If it already exist for some reason wget will create
winetricks.1 instead.
You move winetricks to another folder and then call it without
changing directory / specifying the path to it.
You shouldn't be using '==' to compare strings for portability... -o
might be a better way to do the tests than '||' seer
http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Bash-Conditional-Expressions.html#Bash-Conditional-Expressions
You might want to try $(lsb_release -cs) to obtain the distribution
name before prompting the user...
Do an "echo -e 'g/QUESTON/ s/QUESTON/QUESTION/g\nw' | ed script.sh" to
fix some spelling...
You might want to consider some functions like this:
echogreen() { echo -e $green"$@"$remove; }
or
echocolor() { echo -en "$1"; shift; echo -e "$@"; echo -en "$remove";
} # use as follows: echo "$green" "Message"
A basic check for root is:
if [ -z $(id -u) -o "$(id -un)" = "root" ]; then echo root;else echo
normal user; fi # id needs to be /usr/xpg4/bin/id on Solaris...
A checkyes function might work well...
checkyes() { var="$1"; if [ "$var" = 'Y' -o "$var" = 'YES' ]; then
return 0; else return 1; fi; } # Expand as needed. Usable as follows:
if checkyes "$variable"; then ...; fi;

Gert