[Wine] Can't install program from CDROM / DVD

Cosmo Lee cosmolee at cosmolee.com
Thu Aug 12 20:06:54 CDT 2010

I'm having trouble installing a program from the CDROM / DVD drive.  I've checked to see that the mapping of the d: drive is correctly pointing to the
right place - it is:

~/.wine/dosdevices$ ls -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 cosmo cosmo 10 2009-10-04 18:46 c: -> ../drive_c
lrwxrwxrwx 1 cosmo cosmo 13 2010-08-12 20:19 d: -> /media/cdrom0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 cosmo cosmo  8 2010-07-25 19:12 d:: -> /dev/sr0

I run the install program, it runs from the DVD as expected:

~/.wine/dosdevices$ wine start d:\Komplete\ 6\ Setup\ PC.exe

However, after answering the setup questions (storage directories, etc - I don't change anything, I just accept the defaults), once it gets to the point
of actually installing the software, a pop-up alert says "Disk Not Found", "Please insert Komplete 6".  The disk it is asking for is the same one I've
run the installation program from, so I don't understand why it can't see those files.  It's obviously seeing the DVD since it's running the
installation program from it...

Any ideas??

Thanks much for any help...Cosmo