[Wine] How to use the wineprefix with another wine-path

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 15 16:26:07 CDT 2010

Gert van den Berg wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 22:06, James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> The question I have is which DIB engine?  The one for Wine has repeatedly
>> been shot down by Alexandre Julliard.  The last person to touch it gave up
>> after much work was done, but a lot more work is needed before the entire
>> product can go into production.
>>

> My guess would be Massimo Del Fedele's version...
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/DIBEngine has a lot of info...

Interesting, as this is the version that I witnessed AJ literally 'kill'
while it was in progress.  Max was making great progress.  However, that
was a wall way to high to climb on the first go round,
>> If the Bordeaux project has one, why doesn't Wine?
>>

> Probably, because even though the code works, it is not maintainable /
> structured wrongly?

My intuition says the same thing if it is Max's code.  However, if he
cleans it up and gets it somewhat right, he can always try again.  There
was much more work to be done, especially for the Mac/Solaris crowd.

James McKenzie