[Wine] call of duty 1 on wine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 16 11:16:15 CDT 2010

frederico schardong <frede.sch at gmail.com> wrote:
>Sent: Aug 16, 2010 8:43 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: Re: [Wine] call of duty 1 on wine
>
>2010/8/16 dimesio <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
>>
>> frederico schardong wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have searched in web for how to run call of duty on wine (version
>>> 1.1.42) but no success. When I run it from windows directory, it loads
>>> but a popup alerting that my graphic card doesn't support it. This
>>> message is from wine or from the game?
>>>

>> You have to install the game in Wine. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-497f1a295d53dd3444f211df2b13312c7767afa2
>>
>I use at windows a installed version of this game, just a copied
>folder with the contents. Isn't possible use at this way with wine?

No.  COD makes registry changes that are not carried over.  You have to install this game in Wine to get these settings moved.

Also, as others have pointed out, please upgrade to at least Wine 1.2.  Bugs and problems found in the 1.1 series will no longer be accepted (except if you find a regression that is fixed/working in one of these.)

James McKenzie