[Wine] Re: Hydorah on wine

leaphion wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 17 10:25:28 CDT 2010

dimesio wrote:

> leaphion wrote:
> >
> > Tried, apparently installed quite flawlessly, just didn't do any good. Any other tricks up the sleeve?
>
> I downloaded the game, and it works fine here without any tweaks.  But I don't have desktop effects enabled. Try turning off desktop effects. If that doesn't work, experiment with running in a virtual desktop and/or allowing/not allowing the window manager to control/decorate the windows.

Thanks for your help. My visual effects are already none, and in the virtual desktop the game died with an Unexpected Error (last message the terminal blurted out was "err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from apartment threaded to multi-threaded"). Also, same symptoms regardless with or without window manager controlling or decorating any windows.

Rather annoyed by the fact, that apparently everyone seems to run this game just by typing "wine hydorah.exe" in the terminal, except me. Not fair, dammit.

Oh BTW, which version was your wine when you tested the game?