[Wine] Paste in File Manager & keyboard issues

taokore wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 18 21:42:46 CDT 2010

I am brand new to Wine. Just downloaded it (for OSX) and got it going today. I actually used Winebottler (http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/), but I think my problems are symptoms of Wine itself.

I am using Wine primarily to play my favorite game, Anarchy Online, on my new iMac sans bootcamp. The game installed fine, it loads up and seems to run well, but many of the keys needed for the game activate global commands from OSX instead of in-game commands they should. I am running the game in windowed mode too so the game window is definitely the active one. An example is, when I try to press F10 (or fn+F10) for my in-game settings, OSX's Expose is activated instead. I am not completely sure that this is something I should be addressing here.

My second, and so far more troubling problem is that in Wine's File Manager, I cannot by any means I have discovered so far after hours of searching and experimenting, find out how to simply copy some files from my Mac's HDD to a folder in my Wine directory. I need to place some 3rd party maps and tools for my game into the game's directory, but so far copy/paste/move just does not seem to be happening for me in any way.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!