[Wine] Re: html rendering and gecko on a winmx install wine 1.1.11

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 20 08:02:03 CDT 2010

labud wrote:
> I just want to get this gecko problem solved and  have tried somethings and they are not working even with version 1.2.
> Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

openSUSE has a wine-gecko package; just install it. If you're building Wine yourself, follow the instructions here for where to put gecko: http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko

As for the problem you're having with gecko in 1.1.11, the way to install gecko was changed precisely because of the problem with downloading you describe. It's a bug that has already been fixed, and the solution is to upgrade. As James said, versions that old are no longer supported here.