[Wine] Google Chrome (ver4) not displaying web pages

schulte3 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 20 11:37:13 CDT 2010

I know there is a version for Linux, but using Chrome in wine is solely for testing purposes. Wine is also being run inside a VM (Ubuntu 10.04). This is wine 1.2 configured with the flag --with-gnutls. DLL overrides are for riched 20 and riched 32 (both native, builtin). Chrome is run from the command line with the options --new-http --in-process-plugins used.

The display is just fine and the menus and everything work just fine, but web pages do not load. After a while, Chrome tells me that the page is unresponsive and that I can kill it or wait. Output from wine while running Chrome is:

fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported
fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported
fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported
fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported
fixme:advapi:CreateRestrictedToken (0x104, 0x2, 7, 0x48b1b0, 20, 0x48b4d8, 1, 0x487390, 0xbde168): stub
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser returning no proxy used
fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported
fixme:secur32:schan_InitializeSecurityContextW Using hardcoded "NORMAL" priority
fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported
fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser returning no proxy used
fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported
fixme:secur32:schan_InitializeSecurityContextW Using hardcoded "NORMAL" priority
fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported
fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported

Any help is much appreciated. If more information is needed, just let me know.