[Wine] Re: I'm new to linux and I need help

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 21 14:43:56 CDT 2010

Mindrifter wrote:
> So now I know how to get into the program files and games but I don't know how to run the games through the terminal

Look in the program directories and figure out which file is the main executable. Often it's the name of the app (e.g., spore.exe), but some games have launchers with names like "launch.exe" or "play.exe."  I don't play either game, so I can't tell you; you're going to have to figure it out. Once you do, cd to the program directory and run it with the wine command.