[Wine] Re: Launching Source engine games results in crash, small res

ironzorg wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 22 05:03:03 CDT 2010

DarksideEE7 wrote:

> Interesting.  I don't have a lot of experience with configuring my system for gaming in Linux because I've never really play games on my systems with Linux.  However I would like to get it working with my desktop for Starcraft at least.
>
> TBH these Source games were just going to be a point of testing until my copy of starcraft arrives.  I wouldn't mind playing some TF2 though.

Last time I installed Starcraft BW it was able to play it without having to configure anything.

Its a bit more complicated with Starcraft II but I could run it too.

This is the last error message wine outputs before it launches the debugger:

> fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl unsupported ioctl 74080

I know that ioctl() deals with the line discipline and that people have thios error in other games as well (Aion, Lineage II, ...). I don't know if this error causes the crash tho...