[Wine] Re: Launching Source engine games results in crash, small res

DarksideEE7 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 23 18:03:03 CDT 2010

Interesting.  I'll check that out.  I don't play HL2 anymore, but I wouldn't mind firing up TF2 or L4D.  At the very least I would like to play some of these games to see just how far along DirectX  gaming has come in Linux, particularly with my graphics card.  Sadly the limiting factor is the drivers, not the WINE libraries.  I've been very pleasantly surprised at how well maintained and updated WINE is.

I've been using Linux and Unix professionally for around 4 years and on my home computers for 3 years, but I've always used native Linux apps (with the exception of MS Office). Games are truly the only reason that I even have Windows 7 installed in anything other than a virtual machine.