[Wine] Uninstall applications from wine

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon Aug 23 23:25:56 CDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 00:23, Diogo Branco wrote:
> I have uninstall some applications from wine using wine uninstaller
> but they keep appering in add and remove programs i have also delete
> the instalation folder under drivec programa files and run again wine
> uninstaller but the entry remain, is there any other way to remove
> this entrys?

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-82f00d009961866727f7e2d46e99d60f82e84cd8

You might also see if something like ccleaner (which might not work on
Wine) will clean out the broken entries...

http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/WINEPREFIX helps reducing the
impact of that...

I also have a script somewhere that will delete and regenerate start
menu entries for all WINEPREFIXes matching .wine-*

http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=3769 (IntuitiveNipple's
version will need some modification since the profile location changed
in new prefixes some time...)

Gert