[Wine] Re: empire total war stuck at startup (copyright) page

krenault35 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 24 08:49:17 CDT 2010

Somehow the instructions I saw in the AppDB are no longer there. The link to that is

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=15915

It told me to add these values to HKEY_CURRENT_USER//Software//Wine//Direct3D

"DirectDrawRenderer"="gdi"
"OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo"
"PixelShaderMode"="enabled"
"SoftwareEmulation"="enabled"
"UseGLSL"="enabled"
"VertexShaderMode"="hardware"
"VideoDescription"="NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT"
"VideoDriver"="nv4_disp.dll"
"VideoMemorySize"="1024"

which I did.

To see if it is these changes that are preventing me from running the games, I deleted them and ran the game. Now i have a C++ R6034 error message.

Also, I went to the page with the bug report. I don't really know how to install the patch of the bug (I see it is an attachment to the bug but I don't know how to install it)

Please help. Thanks