[Wine] Re: How to fix the SSL/https problem?

Tw3aky wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 24 10:11:47 CDT 2010

As you will see in Bug 24032, it came down to a configuration issue with openssl on my box.

As far for the netconn (12157) issue I guess it simply means openSSL can't verify the server certificate.

Apparently, the openSSL installation by macports doesn't contain any certificates in the <openSSL base directory>/certs.

A download of the roots.zip provided by Verisign and creating the necessary <hash>.0 symlinks for all those certificate solved the issue for me.

So, my advise. Check your OpenSSL configuration on your box and make sure you got the correct certificates trusted.