[Wine] help with flash 8 pro

jordan johnston triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 01:47:50 CDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:29 AM, William Biggs <williambb at att.net> wrote:
> I'm using crossover pro installed on kubuntu 10.4 and dreamweaver 8 and
> flash 8 pro install. Dreamweaver 8 runs just fine . But when I try to
> rum flash 8 pro it show it try to start but it will not start . Dose any
> one know how to get this fix . But here the thing if I install the same
> software in kbuntu 9.10 it all runs just fine .

Try an older version of wine, see if it works then. that might narrow
down your problem....
If you go to the WineHQ appDB for flash 8, it looks like at one point
that app had a platinum rating, while
the newest rating is bronze. - maybe there is a regression?

I would try it with whatever version of wine came with 9.10. Then work
from there...

You will also want to run it from a terminal, so that you can see what
is stopping it from running.
It might help you to figure out the issue, and you can also post it
here, for help.

I have no experience with Flash 8 pro and wine, but that is where i would start.

jordan