[Wine] Re: eve online crashing shortly after takeoff

seuaniu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 25 13:12:48 CDT 2010

I kept futzing with it, and came across this sentence from the appdb page for eve:

> jukebox don't work, is necessary rename ­it t­o get working game.

That didn't make much sense at first, but what it means is you have to rename your jukebox directory, located by default at  /home/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/CCP/EVE/res/Audio/Jukebox.

I renamed it to Jukebox_ and things started working fine.  Incidentally, I get about 10FPS better than in Win7, which I thought was pretty cool.