[Wine] Re: Can't install wine on osx 10.6.4

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 26 23:13:00 CDT 2010

cvknage wrote:

> I guess when doh123 can't make it work, my plan of making a game work by making a custom CXG 8.0.0 witn added DIB Engine Wineskin Engine is not going to happen anytime soon then..
>
> doh123:
>
> > but you should probably look at setting a DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH statement, which I think was on the wiki still.
>
> I am not 100% sure what that means, nor how to do that.. I ran the commands:
>
> Code:
> export CFLAGS="-arch i386 -m32"
> export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
> export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/X11/include"
> export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11/lib"
>

> if that is what you mean? :)  :)

if your using Wineskin you don't have to worry about any of it... everything is set.  The build script I have makes an engine (Wine + Xquartz), all you need is the Wine source.  You could also edit the build script to see what its doing if you'd like, its just bash.... it handles cxwine slightly different which has to be done because codeweavers changes some stuff to work with Crossover that isn't really good for general wine usage... primary wineboot.exe.so can't create a wineprefix in their build, because they have their own tools that make their "bottles".  the WS4 based engine build script handles all that for you though.

if its not Wineskin those flags are needed, if your using Apple's X11 in /usr/X11... you might have to change it if your X11 is elsewhere.... normal Xquartz install should be /opt/X11, which I would recommend and never use Apple's X11.

as for DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH, this is a environment variable OSX uses to find libraries in if they aren't found in the normal location a program is looking in.  It unlikely this is part of your problem looking at it more, it affect runtime more than compile time problems... but I throw the kitchen sink at compiles just to make sure it has anything it might need.

In the Wineskin build script I have a line that says...

Code:
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH="$BEPATHLIBS:$OSXSDK/usr/lib"

in this example $BEPATHLIBS is the lib folder containing all libs of Wine's deps as well as all of Xquartz dylibs and deps.  $OSXSDK/usr/lib shouldn't be needed unless you building for an OS version different than the one your on like Wineskin does.  you can enter as many paths as you want within the quotes, just separate them all by colons.... just like normal $PATH.

back to your original post...
the DIB engine patch is failing on cxwine source because its just too different.  you probably need to open the patch and apply it manually looking through the code.

The compile is failing probably because your Apple X11 files do not really have any 32 bit devel files.... installing the latest Xquartz and making your CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS look at /opt/X11 instead of /usr/X11 might take care of that.