[Wine] Re: Clipboard Syncing (does wine sync images or files)?

Thunderbird wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 27 18:57:10 CDT 2010

Clipboard using Wine on Mac + X11 is a big problem. On Linux + X11 the clipboard typically works fine. Copying images also works fine (provided the Linux app supports the image formats the Windows program puts on the clipboard). Some formats like Windows metafiles aren't so common in Linux apps.

The main issue on Macs is that there are '3' clipboards namely the Wine one, the X11 one (the Wine and X11 are 'synced') and then the Mac one. At the time I looked at it the main issue was with the Mac - X11 clipboard syncing (the Mac clipboard itself seems to be quite basic).

First try to get text copying work which is already painful enough (I think I had to disable some settings in X11 to make it sort of work a bit).